Nutricia Human Milk Fortifier
Nutricia Human Milk Fortifier is a food for special medical purposes for the dietary management of preterm infants under 1800g. Nutricia Human Milk Fortifier must be used under medical supervision.
Nutricia’s multi-component human milk Fortifier (HMF) is a powdered specialised infant nutritional product designed for the dietary management of human milk fed preterm infants. It is a nutritionally incomplete Food for Special Medical Purposes (FSMP) formulated to meet the increased nutritional requirements of preterm infants and has the following key characteristics:
- Supports and encourages human milk feeding
- Fortifies human milk to support adequate growth for preterm infants
- Fortifies human milk to meet the nutritional needs of preterm infants in line with ESPGHAN recommended intakes
- Enriched in LCPUFAs to support cognitive development
- Enriched with DHA and ARA to meet ESPGHAN recommended intakes for preterm infants
- Contains extensively hydrolysed protein,
- Contains a mixture of casein and whey protein hydrolysates (ratio 50:50) for an amino acid profile closer to that found in Human Milk.
Maltodextrin, whey protein hydrolysate (from cow’s milk), caseinate hydrolysate (from cow’s milk), anhydrous milk fat, vegetable oil (medium chain trigylcerides (coconut and/or palm oil), calcium glycerophosphate, calcium lactate, sodium chloride, magnesium citrate, fish oil, L-Ascorbic acid, sodium hydroxide, sodium citrate, egg lipid, oil from Mortierella alpina, potassium chloride, L-Tryptophan, DL-alpha tocopheryl acetate, nicotinamide, zinc sulphate, calcium D-pantothenate, retinyl palmitate, DL-alpha tocopherol, riboflavin, thiamin hydrochloride, copper sulphate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, pteroylmonoglutamic acid, manganese sulphate, phytomenadione, potassium iodide, cholecalciferol, D-Biotin, sodium selenite, cyanocobalamin.
Allergy advice: for allergens see ingredients in bold.
|Nutritient||per 100g powder||per 4g powder
(4 levelled scoops)
|Fortified Human Milk
|Alpha linolenic acid||50mg||1.8mg||34.8mg|
|Vitamin A||5797μg RE||232μg RE||298μg RE|
|Vitamin E||65mg α-TE||2.6mg α-TE||2.9mg α-TE|
|Niacin||57mg NE||2.3mg NE||2.5mg NE|