A paradigm shift in the management of cow’s milk allergy is needed
From allergen avoidance alone to stimulation of the immune system. Promote healthy immune system responses via gut microbiota modulation1,2.
Why are allergies on the rise? Let’s explore the science behind the development of allergy. In short, an allergy is an immune-mediated disease that can develop as early as infancy. Studies indicate that most infants with allergies have an imbalance in gut microbiota3-5. More and more data has led experts to find a strong correlation between the increase in c-sections, use of anti-biotics and pollution6-9.
The gut is home to 70-80% of immune cells10. During infancy, these cells begin to colonise the gut, laying the foundations of the child immune system. With this in mind, early life presents an important window of opportunity to positively influence the development of the immune system and gut microbiome11, 12. While allergen avoidance can provide some immediate relief from allergy symptoms, it may not prevent the onset of other immune disorders later in life.
Over the past 40 years, Nutricia has been pioneering nutritional solutions in allergy being the first to identify the correlation between allergy development and an imbalance in gut bacteria. Inspired by breastmilk, we have developed a range of nutritional solutions to support infants with a spectrum of food allergies and digestive challenges. The evolution of our unique combination of pre and probiotics aims to alleviate symptoms and rebalance the gut to support as infants grow.
If you want to learn more about Food Allergies, especially in the context of COVID-19, please visit the official website of the World Allergy Organization.
Cow's Milk Allergy Research
40 years of collaboration with healthcare professionals and researchers across the globe led to innovative solutions in the nutritional management of cow’s milk allergy. Watch the video to learn more.
Our heritage in allergy and immune research is supported by more than 600 publications in the allergy field. Nutricia is committed to developing high quality, safe and nutritionally superior solutions that closely comply with national and international allergy guidelines.
Pioneering in allergy and immunity for over 40 years
Take a closer look at our joint achievements in pioneering in allergy and immunity for over 40 years and watch Anna Nowak-Wegrzyn’s personal experience with Nutricia as healthcare professional.
- Anagnostou K, et al. Arch Dis Child. 2015;100(4):386–390.
- Fox A, et al. World Allergy Organ J. 2019;12(5):100034.
- Canani RB, et al. ISME J. 2016;10(3):742–750.
- Thompson-Chagoyan OC, et al. Pediatr Allergy Immunol. 2010;21(2p2):e394–e400.
- Candy DCA, et al. Pediatr Res. 2018;83(3):677–686.
- Ahmadizar F, et al. Pediatr Allergy Immunol. 2017;28(5):430–437.
- Patel MM, et al. Environ Res. 2011;111(8):1222–1229.
- Ryan PH, et al. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2005;116(2):279–284.
- Ryan PH et al. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2009;180(11):1068–1075.
- Vighi G, et al. Clin Exp Immunol. 2008;153(SUPPL. 1):3–6.
- West CE, et al. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2015;135(1):3–13.
- Walker WA, et al. Pediatr Res. 2015;77(1):220–228.
Pepti Syneo and Neocate Syneo are food for special medical purposes and should only be used under medical supervision, after full consideration of feeding options available including breastfeeding.