Minced Beef or Bolognese Sauce
Level 4 puréed
Ingredients (for 1 serving)*
- ½ tbsp sunflower oil
- 30g onion (chopped
- 30g carrots (chopped)
- 100g minced beef
- 2tbsp tomato purée
- Large splash Worcestershire sauce
- 75ml beef stock
- 5 scoops of Nutilis Clear
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan, and soften the onion and carrots for a few minutes.
- When soft, turn up the heat and crumble in the beef. Brown the beef, tipping off any excess fat. Add the tomato purée and Worcestershire sauce and fry for a few minutes.
- Pour over the stock, bring to a simmer, then cover and cook for 40 minutes, uncovering halfway.
- Place the mixture into the blender and blend*** until smooth.
- Whisk Nutilis Clear to thicken.
Put puréed minced beef in an oven proof dish. Then pipe smooth instant mashed potato on top for a great cottage pie.
You can also use this recipe to make Bolognese by adding 75g passata, some Italian herbs and ½ clove of garlic.
Nutritional intake per serving**
*Allergens may be present, please check individual product and ingredients labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
**All nutrient content values per serve are estimates only.
***Please be aware that blending hot foods can be dangerours. Always check the manufacturer’s instructions to ensure your belender is suitable fro processing hot foods and follow their instructions for safe blending.
Nutilis Clear is a Food for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of dysphagia and must be used under medical supervision.
- González-Fernández M, et al. Curr Phys Med Rehabil Rep, 2013;1(3):187-96.
- Martino R, et al. Dysphagia, 2000;15:19–30.
- Martino R, et al. Stroke, 2005;36:2756–63.
- Marik PE, et al. Chest, 2003; 124: 328–36.